Ascena Retail Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ascena Retail Group, Inc.
LOFT launched in 1998 and today has over 650 full-price and outlet stores in Canada, Mexico and in over 46 US states. LOFT creates modern, feminine and versatile clothing for a wide range of women with one common style goal: to look and feel confident, wherever the day takes them. From everyday essentials to attainable trends, LOFT consistently serves up color, print, pattern and novelty that never compromises on quality and fit (from petites to plus to tall to maternity). We connect with millions through LOFT.com, email, social media and our stores. LOFT's mission is to deliver to each of them the styles that reflect the world she lives in, because we know there's no one way to look, live or feel great-we embrace them all.
We believe what you do is just as important as how you do it. We're committed to fostering a community where all Associates lead with their strengths, feel connected to what we stand for, are accountable to growing our culture together, and are supported in their individual development. You're invited to discover the unparalleled opportunities that await you.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Stock Associate to join our team located at our Store 2904-Tanger at Charleston-ANN-North Charleston, SC 29418.
Drives store revenue through proper shipment processing and merchandise control. Assists Leadership Team in organizing and maintaining the stock room, including back stock of merchandise, shipment and supplies. Supports store team in providing exceptional client service by helping where needed and keeping the selling floor, stock room, and desk replenished, organized, neat and clean.
- Embraces our values & sets an example through his/her behaviors
- Responsible for compliance with all ANN INC. practices and procedures
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager, Co-Manager, and Sales Leads
- Ensure new product is on the floor and available to clients within 24 hours of receipt
- Processes merchandise into and out of stock room without error
- Protects company assets by following all Loss Prevention standards in the processing of shipment, transfer of product and maintenance of the back room organization
- Completes prices changes within Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) time frame
- Provides excellent client service by anticipating the client’s needs, exceeding expectations, and adhering to the ANN INC. service standards
- Portrays a gracious, friendly, energetic and engaging manner and is at all times respectful and professional
- Takes ownership, solicits and incorporates feedback for professional growth and development – Consistently receives positive, unsolicited client feedback
- Communicates effectively with store management, store team and external clients in person, and over the phone
- Embraces our values and behaviors and inspires team by leading by example through his/her words and actions – Supports and environment of learning and trust by acting as a positive role model
- Is responsible for Compliance with all Company policies, practices and procedures and all federal, state, and local laws
- Meets Company/Divisional merchandise processing expectations through time management, organization and adherence to ANN INC. Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintains a clean, safe store environment and back room organization by processing receipts and transfers efficiently, organizing merchandise by product category, and executing transfers, markdowns, Mark out of Stock (MOS), Distributed Order Maintenance (DOM), and Style Finder orders
- Completes opening/closing procedures and tasks as directed by Leadership Team with a client focus (e.g. replenishing merchandise; recovering the store and styling rooms; processing shipment including but not limited to: unpacking, hanging, steaming, cleaning including but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, and removing trash; executing merchandising moves; marketing updates; and completing pricing changes.)
- Articulates and understands the difference between old and new receipts, organizes and processes them accordingly
- Executes transfers and processes end of season merchandise transfers, Mark Out Of Stock (MOS), Damages, repairs, Distributed Order Maintenance (DOM’s) and StyleFinder orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Adheres to Loss Prevention practices and is aware of and reports potential incidents, to ensure shortage control and to protect company assets
- Participates and assists in the preparation of the stores’ inventory
- Identifies and communicates supply needs to management
- Reports to work as scheduled; records time worked accurately by using ANN INC.’s Time and Attendance system; remains flexible to the needs of the business
- Follows all ANN INC. operational guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Reviews Bulletin Boards daily
- Demonstrates a desire and ability to be learner responsible and navigates the ANN INC. computer learning systems
- Is proficient in using Distributed Order Maintenance (SOME’s) and StyleFinder to locate product for clients and processes transactions accurately
- Operates and understands he functions of the PDT
- Navigates through all functions on the ISP system related to merchandise management
- Operates phone, answering calls with an appropriate greeting, transferring and placing calls on hold
- Performs register transactions efficiently (e.g., sales, sends, returns, exchanges, payments)
- Understands and can clearly articulate the Company’s brand positioning, including: the uniqueness of all expressions of ANN INC., current marketing and promotional initiatives, markdowns, POS events, Bounce Back promotions, coupon events, lifestyle concepts to internal and external clients
- Lives the ANN INC. Purpose, Values & Behaviors, Practices in all interactions
- Participates in and attends Store Meetings
- Proactively uses associate education tools to build product and styling knowledge with his/her peers
- Embraces fashion, understands current market trends and is able to articulate them using ANN INC. interpretations in every client interaction. Represents the brand by adhering to ANN INC.’s dress code guidelines
- Packages and wraps client purchases according to ANN INC. standards
- Client Service: Ability to function as a role model, ensuring that the client remains the top priority. Takes initiative to build a loyal client base
- Follow Directions: Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines as assigned with minimal supervision and within designated timeframes
- Merchandising: Knowledge of visual standards and techniques, and ability to implement and maintain with ANN INC.’s guidelines
- Communication: Communicates effectively with Clients, Members of Management, Business Partners, and Store Associates
- Accuracy: Ability to handle cash and provide change without error
- Schedule: Remains flexible in scheduling that meets the needs of the business
- Physical: Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally. Maneuver effectively around sales floor and stock room
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year stock associate or relevant experience in the services industry with proven results
Location:Store 2904-Tanger at Charleston-ANN-North Charleston, SC 29418
Position Type:Regular/Part time
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all employment decisions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under applicable law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.
The Company welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the application process.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Company unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable law.
ascena retail group, inc. (Nasdaq: ASNA) is a national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Premium Fashion (Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey) and Plus Fashion (Lane Bryant, Catherines and Cacique) segments and for tween girls under the Kids Fashion segment (Justice). ascena retail group, inc. through its retail brands operates ecommerce websites and approximately 3,400 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
For more information about ascena retail group, inc. visit: ascenaretail.com, AnnTaylor.com, factory.anntaylor.com, LOFT.com, outlet.loft.com, louandgrey.com, lanebryant.com, catherines.com, and shopjustice.com.