Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Job TitleCNA Residential
Position TypePart Time
LocationFranke at Seaside
Location Address1885 Rifle Range Road, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
The incumbent is responsible for meeting the needs of the residents, including but not limited to: assistance with personal care needs, medication administration, and assistance with activities of daily living and activity programs. All tasks must be performed in a careful and caring manner, recognizing the condition(s) and rights of the individual. The CNA assists the nurse in more complex nursing care of the residents as requested and helps to maintain a pleasant, orderly physical environment. Under the supervision of an LPN or an RN, the CNA provides personal care and selected technical nursing services to predominately geriatric residents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Licensed as a CNA in the state of South Carolina.
- Able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Willing to attend on-going education programs.
- Committed to the delivery of quality care to residents, demonstrating a caring attitude, and sensitive to needs of the elderly.
- Good general physical and emotional health.
- Able to perform nursing care, observe changes in resident condition, and communicate effectively.
- Able to maintain confidentiality concerning resident information.
- Able to accept guidance to understand and improve performance in resident care.
- Genuine interest in geriatrics.
- Kind, tactful, and patient with residents, families and co-workers.
- Possess initiative and be capable of taking an assignment and completing multiple tasks without constant close supervision.
- Mature with ability and desire to give good care to residents who may be inappropriate, unthankful, unkind or combative.
- Able to take directions.
- Team player.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds, turning, moving and transporting residents.
- Good interpersonal skills.