Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN - PRN
at Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Job TitleRN - PRN
Position TypeResource Pool
LocationFranke at Seaside
Location Address1885 Rifle Range Road, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
The incumbent is a licensed professional nurse (RN), responsible for insuring and providing quality and consistent resident care including medical applications/treatments and/or medications as well as coordinating interdisciplinary plan(s) of care and interpreting level of care for individual residents based on specific needs.
All duties must be done in a kind, considerate, gentle manner, with resident rights considered in all interactions.
TYPE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED/USED:
EKG, suction machine, BP cuff, stethoscope, tube feeding apparatus, centrifuge' scales, wheelchair, walker, telephone and a various other medical equipment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Licensed as an RN in the State of South Carolina.
- Normal "break-in" time is 3-6 months.
- Must be able to make independent decisions and authority when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to residential care.
- Must possess leadership, supervisory and authority ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general heath and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile individuals within facility.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist in evacuating residents